Lemon, ginger and tons of garlic...how can I go wrong? This turned out to be some of the best chicken I've ever made. I found the recipe on Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice. It was juicy and tender and full of flavor. I paired it with some buttermilk mashed potatoes with parmesan cheese. I sliced some baby spinach and mixed it in the potatoes. It was a terrific meal!
Ginger Lemon Garlic Chicken
1 and 1/2 pounds boneless Chicken Breast or 2-3 large bone-in Breasts
Sea or Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
2 lemons*, one of them juiced, the other sliced
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
12 large cloves of garlic, sliced lengthwise
1-inch of fresh ginger, minced
1 teaspoon Oregano
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 inch baking or casserole pan by spraying it with oil or first lining it with aluminum foil, then spraying with oil.
2. If using boneless breasts pound out with a mallet or skillet until about 1-inch thick. Season with salt and pepper. Place in pan.
3. In a small bowl whisk together the juice, mustard, and Worcestershire until well combined, Add the garlic, ginger and oregano, whisk. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over chicken and pile the garlic cloves right on top of the breasts. Cover with slices of lemons.
4. Cook the boneless breasts about 25 minutes or until juices run clear, bone-in breasts about 45-50 minutes until juices run clear. Let set for five minutes before serving.
5. Serve with the juices spooned over top.
*Use room temperature lemons. If using straight from the refrigerator microwave for 15 seconds first. Roll the lemon under your palm against the counter top before slicing.