Friday, July 16, 2010

Peanut Butter Banana "Tacos"


I saw this idea in the Clean Eating magazine I think.  This makes a perfect snack, breakfast and I even thought about putting it in my son's lunchbox.  He loved them!

I spent the past week taking care of my 4 nephews while my brother and sister-in-law went on a fabulous cruise in Mexico.  I could not wait to make these for the kids.  They were a huge hit!  (We came up with the banana taco name together.)  What makes it even better is that they are healthy. 

They are very simple to prepare and cook. 

Ingredients:

bananas
honey or agave nectar
natural peanut butter
whole grain flour tortillas
butter

Directions:

Spread about a tablespoon of peanut butter on the tortilla and lay the banana in the center.  Drizzle a little bit of honey or agave over the banana.  Roll it up.  Spread a little softened butter (it doesn't take much) around the outside of the rolled up "taco".  Heat a large nonstick pan to medium high heat.  Place the taco(s) in the heated pan.  Cook and roll them in order to brown on all sides.  Enjoy warm or at room temperature. 


I have linked this post to Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum  and Wholesome Whole Foods at Health Food LoverGo check out all the great recipes and ideas!

3 comments:

  1. These sound awesome for adults too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daphne.
    These sound really interesting. They look great!
    Thanks so much for linking up to Wholesome Whole Foods. Hope to see you back at the next carnival on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Num! I grew up eating peanut butter and banana sandwiches and didn't even know about Elvis' fav sandwich. This makes it healthier and more fun to eat. The kiddies would love this.Nice to meet you on FF.

    ReplyDelete