Saturday, March 20, 2010

Chocolate Chip Coconut Molten Cookies


I found this recipe for Mint Chocolate Chip Truffles Molten Lava Cookies at Baking and Boys! I found it several months ago and have been on the hunt for either the mint truffle Hershey Kisses and/or the Truffle Hershey Kisses.  I cannot find them ANYWHERE!  I have to go search the candy aisle of any grocery-type store these days because I want these Hershey Kisses and no one has them.  One positive in this search is that I found Coconut Cream Kisses.  I decided that I would have to settle with these.  (They are some kind of yummy BTW!)

These are really easy cookies because you can use any chocolate chip cookie recipe that you want.  You put some cookie dough on the bottom of a ramekin then stuff 3 kisses in.  Last, you cover up the kisses with more cookie dough. Bake and when you cut into this little treat, the Hershey Kisses oozes out . It was extremely rich- even more so with the ice cream added on top- but I never have a problem with that. 

I decided to use the recipe Katrina provided on her website.  I only made 4 of the large cookies in the ramekins.  I made regular sized cookies with the rest of the dough (umm..except for all the cookie dough I ate before the cookies got made several days later). 

INGREDIENTS

1 cup unsalted butter at room temp
1 cup tightly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsps. pure vanilla extract
3 cups plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
16 oz. flavorful bitter or semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (I used chunks)
INSTRUCTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray 4-6 ramekins with nonstick spray.  In the bowl of an electric mixer, or stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or a large bowl if mixing by hand, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.

2. Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together in a small bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the butter-sugar mixture, and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks.

3. Press some dough into the bottom of several ramekins.  Press 2-3 Hershey Kisses into the dough.  Add enough cookie dough to cover the Kisses.  Place the ramekins onto a cookie sheet and place into preheated oven. 

4.  Bake for 14-17 minutes or until the tops are a light golden brown. If the cookies are neither firm nor dark when they are removed from the oven, they will cool chewy and soft. Cool the cookies on the sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. Looks de-lish! I have found that Hershey's does a lot of their flavors of Kisses seasonally. The mint ones are found more during the holidays. The coconut ones are out for Easter. And it is strangely hit and miss at different stores on the chocolate truffle ones. I've seen them some places and others not. Have you checked Target? For some reason, they always seem to have the best variety of Kisses and the latest ones available. I think any Kisses (or any chocolate for that matter) would work in the middle of these cookies. The caramel Kisses would be good, too!
    This is making me want one of these! ;)

    ReplyDelete