Saturday, June 26, 2010

Chocolate Banana Almond Smoothie


This is my new favorite breakfast lately!  I kind of made it up and have been adjusting a little as I go.  My newest addition is the spinach.  You don't even taste it (proof- my son didn't) and it only changes the color a little. 

I thought I was doing great with this smoothie until I entered the recipe into Spark People.  There are quite a few more calories and fat than I expected.  Now I know that I will only drink half of this smoothie from now on.  My son can drink the rest. 

1 banana
3/4 cup (about) lowfat/fat-free yogurt or kefir
4 cubes of ice
1 ounce almonds
1 tbsp milled flax seeds or chia seeds
1 tsp dark chocolate cocoa powder
1 tbsp chocolate chips
1 handful of baby spinach

Nutrition Facts

(this is just an estimate)
1 Serving

Amount Per Serving

Calories 496.6
Total Fat 25.1 g
Saturated Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 11.0 mg
Sodium 147.3 mg
Potassium 1,242.6 mg
Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
Sugars 36.0 g
Protein 19.2 g

1 comment:

  1. Your smoothie sounds scrumptious! I've been making a lot of smoothies and using kale with a mix of fruits in mine. I should check out my calorie count...I've been thinking it's low-calorie but it may not be.

    ReplyDelete