Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Pineapple with Mint

This is one of my favorite summertime treats.  I got the recipe from Whole Foods years ago.  Don't you love walking through that store eating all of yummy samples that they offer? 

It's very simple to make.  All you need is some fresh pineapple, mint and sugar.  I use about 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of fresh mint.  I put them (sugar and mint) in my mini food processor and pulse until everything is chopped and the sugar is green.  Combine the mixture with the pineapple.  Let it rest for a little while before serving so the flavors can mingle together. 


This is best if served the same day. The mint tends to turn black/brown if it hangs around too long. 

I have linked this recipe to Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum. Come check out all of the fabulous recipes that have been posted.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds refreshing and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really lovely - it would make a great dessert for a hot summer evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm... sounds like a really delicious way to serve pineapple. I'm so sorry we don't have a Whole Foods in our area - probably a good thing, I'd go broke there, I'm sure of it!

    Happy Foodie Friday!
    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete