Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ranch Chicken Salad Sandwich


I didn't think my son would ever eat chicken salad, but I found a way to make it that he loves.  As I have said before, he will eat ranch dressing on just about anything.  I decided to make some chicken salad using the homemade healthy and clean ranch dressing recipe I tried a couple weeks ago.  Total success!

This makes a lot of chicken salad so you may want to half it.  You will also have some ranch dressing left over to use elsewhere. 

Ingredients

4 small chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
3 ribs of celery, chopped
2 cups of grapes, cut in half
1/2 cup of pecans, chopped
2 cups of ranch dressing (recipe below)

Mix all ingredients until well combined. 


Healthy and Clean Ranch Dressing

1 1/2 cups of low fat buttermilk
3/4 cup of plain nonfat greek style yogurt
1 1/4 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried dill
2 1/2 tsp dried parsley
2 1/2 tsp dried chives
2 1/2 tsp salt

I have linked this recipe to Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum and Food on Fridays. Come check out all of the fabulous recipes that have been posted.



8 comments:

  1. You had me at chicken salad! With ranch! It can't get any better, this sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good! You will have to try it Debbi! Both delicious AND healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really yummy! Great summer recipe!
    I want to try it, Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your recipe sounds lovely - especially with the pecans and grapes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that your son loved the salad. It looks scrumptious in those pitas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad I found your blog...and the chicken salad recipe. The dressing sounds wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing ~

    Have a blessed Sunday!
    Pat

    P.S. If you ever return to Texas, please let me know! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love chicken salad! This sounds really great! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love fresh grapes in my chicken salad and this looks tasty but I'm really interested in this great dip. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete