Friday, January 22, 2010

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies



Some may think that mint is only meant for Christmas...not me!  I saw this recipe a couple weeks ago at Picky Palate and knew that I wouldn't be waiting until the next holiday season to bake a batch.  I love the flavor of mint and these definitely packed in the minty yumminess.  Now I just need to give them away before I eat them all.  I have been really good all week with eating healthy (well, except for the trip to the pizza buffet Tuesday night because my electricity went out during the day and ruined my dinner in the crockpot), but I just "needed" cookies tonight. 

1 Cup softened butter
1 Cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 Cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon real vanilla extract
2 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 bag Nestles Limited EditionDark Chocolate and Mint Morsels
1 1/2 Cups white chocolate chips


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to wet ingredients along with the chips. Mix until just combined. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until slightly golden on outside edges. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to cooling rack to finish cooling.


3 dozen cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment