Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Whole Wheat Hotdog Twists



One of my main goals this year is to learn some healthy and delicious recipes that will help my family get healthier and more fit.  I am constantly on the lookout for easy recipes that I can make ahead of time and heat up for a meal quickly. A challenge we have in our house is that we are always running late in the morning and that always means that we have to "grab and go."  Poptarts and other packaged products were outlawed in my house long ago.


We love pigs in a blanket in my house.  I've never tried to make them healthy so I thought I would give it a go.  I decided to try turkey dogs which are very low in fat and calories.  I made another batch of the Whole Wheat Master Recipe dough from HBin5 and cut thin strips and wrapped them around the weenies.  In the end, the hotdogs had very little flavor so we added some seasoning to make them a little more flavorful before we cooked them.  They turned out okay, but I don't know that I will make them again.  I am all for eating healthy but I can't sacrifice flavor.  I'll try some other low fat hotdogs next time.  I'm not giving up.....

Oh, and the soup is not even worth writing about.  I had to post the picture because it's one of my best pictures of food I've taken (in my opinion.)  I am working on this skill and hopefully it will get better.  :)





This is my next attempt at making a boule using the Whole Wheat Master Recipe.  It turned out a little lighter than the last loaf and a lot prettier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment