Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blue Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms


I love to order stuffed mushrooms when we go out to eat and I used to make them a lot at home, too, but haven't in a long time.  I forgot how easy they are to make.  You can put lots of different ingredients into these little natural cups, so just be creative.  One of my favorite things to stuff mushrooms with is crabmeat.  I use the canned.  This time, I used what I had at home already...Maytag blue cheese and bacon.

Ingredients:

9 large mushrooms
3 strips of bacon, fried and chopped or crumbled
1-2 ounces of crumbled blue cheese (depending on your taste)
3-4 tbsp of  melted butter
1/4 cup bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms and discard.  Gently clean the mushrooms with a wet rag.  Place caps on a small, greased baking sheet.  With a pastry brush, brush a little of the melted butter on each mushroom cap. 

Mix the remaining ingredients (including the remaining butter) in a small bowl.  Spoon the mixture evenly into each mushroom.   Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until desired doneness. 



No comments:

Post a Comment