Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mandarin Pork with Garlic and Thyme


The crockpot has been my best friend and my worst enemy lately.  I've made some wonderful meals and then some absolutely terrible ones.  I'm pretty sure I'm never going to put pork loin chops in my crockpot again.  Every time I have cooked them lately they turn out the consistency and texture of sawdust.  I'm not sure what I'm doing but it's not working.  I thought maybe I was cooking it too long (8 hours on low), but I cooked it on low for 3-1/2 hours and it turns out the same. 

The sauce had a great flavor and I will definitely try this recipe again but not in the crockpot.  Next time, I will use it as a marinade maybe. 

I found the recipe on Megan's Cookin.  She used chicken and that might work better. 

Ingredients

1 lb - pork loin chops - about 1 inch thick
1 - 8oz can - mandarin oranges,
1 tbsp - Ginger, ground
1 tsp – Salt
5 cloves - garlic (minced)
1/2 cup - orange juice
1 tsp fresh Thyme
1 tbsp cornstarch


Directions

Place pork in Crockpot. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the cornstarch, to the Crockpot.

Cook on high for about 4 hours or on low for about 8 hours.

Remove pork and put orange sauce in a small sauce pan. Stir a little water into the cornstarch to make a this paste. Add to orange sauce and cook on medium heat till thickened. Spoon over pork and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment