Wednesday, February 10, 2010

M&M Valentine Sugar Cookies


At 9:30 Monday evening I realized I hadn't bought any Valentine goodies for my sweet 3rd graders.  The class party was the next day, but I had no time (or energy) to come up with anything so their gifts would have to wait until the day after.  I don't really have any money to spend so I decided to bake something.  They love me baking for them so I started my search for a soft sugar cookie recipe.  The easiest and quickest one I found was this recipe at AllRecipes.  I like finding recipes that have reviews and tips from others that have tried them.  This particular recipe has almost 2,000 reviews and has scored a 4-1/2 stars out of 5.  Worth a shot!

The dough was simple to make, but turned out really dry.  I don't think I messed up any of the measurements, but I guess I could have.  I decided to take a chance and add another egg because I didn't think the dough would work out.  With the extra egg mixed in, it actually looked like cookie dough. 

The cookies turned out perfect!  They were soft and buttery, even the next day.  My kids were happy with their afternoon snack and Valentine's Day treat.  I will definitely be making these again!

Ingredients


2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 egg (I used 2)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used 2)


Directions


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.




1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I like this cookies very much. Thansk for its recipe. Perfect recipe as a treat. I would like to make it at valentine day for my friends.

    ReplyDelete